Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rachel

This is my best friend Rachel. We've been friends for 10+ years. We've known each other much, much longer. She says she used to think I was stuck up. I was the girl in elementary school with big bows in my hair and perfectly rolled socks underneath my spotless white Keds. Ha! Yep, that was me and I probably was a little snobby. Rachel was the prima ballerina. Literally. She was a dancer through high school at the School of Fine Arts, U of A, then UAB. She was amazing on those toes. She's probably still got the moves but I haven't seen them in awhile. ;) Somewhere along the way (in high school) our paths crossed again and haven't parted since. We've had so much fun together over the years. We've seen each other through so many things and now we've reached yet another milestone.

SHE'S GRADUATING FROM LAW SCHOOL!!! I'm so proud of this chick. I remember when she first started toying with the idea, put it off, then made the commitment. I had just found out I was pregnant with Hudson. I remember thinking what different directions our lives were headed at the time, but that didn't matter. I knew we'd still be best friends if she was moving to Africa! Now here we are...a child, and a law degree later. We've both had many sleepless nights, highs and lows, and extremely stressful days in the last three years, but for very different reasons. Mine caused by motherhood and her's from writing papers, reading, studying, and general law school hell. Ha! Through it all we've only been a phone call, email, gchat, or text message away. I'm so thankful to have a friend who is not only smart, inspiring, goal driven and hard working, but also incredibly loving, honest and loyal.

Since photos are obviously very close to my heart I twisted Rachel's arm into letting me take some graduation photos of her. I needed to mark this milestone in my way--with my camera. We went to her school, which just so happens to be beautiful, and we had a fun little post-exam fun together.



Oh did I forget to mention that she's incredibly beautiful!? Oops, my bad. Yep, she's a hottie.


Luckily the school was unlocked and we were able to sneak into a mock court room.



Judge Raquel residing.


Rach, you're too pretty to really be an attorney. You're kidding us all right?


Loved the architecture and big windows!


Rachel's boyfriend, Ryan, tagged (tagged? is that a word?) along to join in the fun. I love their smiles in this one. Oh, wait. I forgot to mention that he was handsome too? My bad.


Grrrr...


Rachel, really? You're killing me. Gorge.


Work it, work it.

I love you Rae-Rae! Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment